Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hantaran aka the gifts of luuurvee

Yasir and I are slowly but surely completing our hantaran gifts to each other..we decided not to go crazy and spend within our (very limited) budget. Here's the list:

His gifts to me (7 trays)
  • Folding Rayban wayfarer sunglasses (have always wanted to get another pair since I lost mine but have been too sakit hati to buy them myself!)
  • Marc by Marc Jacobs handbag (a yummy lilac-ish fuschia-ish colour)
  • Aldo heels (4 inches, stacked, black, an updated version of the gladiator style..just the way I like 'em)
  • Tiffany & co necklace (huge heart pendant on a long chain..the heart pendant can be used on their bracelet chain as well, so will buy this later on to switch things up from time to time)
  • Wedding ring (eternity band, but not the normal eternity type..this one is encrusted with small diamonds all around.. I had a say in this! haha :) ) & wang hantaran
  • Telekung from his mom (boleh pakai sembahyang terawih masa bulan puasa nanti heheh)
  • Manisan (don't really know what this will be..a cake?)

My gifts to him (9 trays)

  • 42" LCD tv from Samsung
  • Blu Ray player (forgot what brand this is..Yasir says you can't have a high-def TV without having a Blu-ray player :P)
  • Nike Air Force 1's (white with green swoosh)
  • French connection watch (sturdy, manly looking - I had a say in this too heh heh..but he loves it!)
  • Perfume set (Gucci Sport)
  • Wedding band
  • Manisan (cake?)
  • Manisan (cupcakes?)
  • Tepak sirih

Okay, we're a bit confused about the Tepak sirih dulang..is this supposed to be part of the hantaran, or separate? Because Yasir's supposed to give me tepak sirih as well. Does that count as part of his 7 trays to me? Anyone in the know? Would really appreciate some feedback!

xoxo!

6 comments:

  1. my sister tak tahuuu. She kasi je tepak sirih, but she doesn't know if it HAS to be part of the hantaran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak Aainaa, i'm not sure about the Tepak Sirih per se. But I received mine in combination with Mas Kahwin & Wedding ring dulang. Ada like two or three pieces of daun sirih je pun HAHAHA. I did the same for my hantaran to Izrin. But sirih junjung was on a separate dulang. So technically it was 10 dulangs.

    Hope that helps!

    ps: Awesomenyaaa u guys punya hantarans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has to be one of your dulangs..not saperately.My mak said its better for a girl to give it in a 'junjung' way and a guy in a tepak sirih kinna way for nikah.we can anyhow arrange them for engagements but never for nikah-like mcm must ikut adat thingy la..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps;babe u can mix-match ur hantaran stuff in dulang if xnak lari from the numbers when the sirih junjung added.like the perfume can be place 2gether with the watch maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the input guys, i suppose we're definitely giving sirih to each other as one dulang..we'll probably put two stuff on one dulang if the numbers lari. Auntie Ezi, Yasir had a PS3, he sold it off.. :P

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!