Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Duuude.

I am thrilled - I scoured and dug around the house and found more 'vintage'-y stuff for the shoot! What I found:

- old, rustic, chandelier. This one was actually from my mom's room, but they took it down coz it's super old. How awesome would it be to hang it from a branch??

- authentic, vintage 'Jacobs' serving tray. This find was so random..my maid, Kak Khadijah served me nescafe ice on the tray this morning. I was about to send it back to the kitchen when I noticed the drawing on the tray is of a lady serving her family, and she's decked out in '40's - ish clothes, complete with hat! And it has the 'Jacobs' biscuit brand. Very cool.

- embroidered, knit cushions.

- two vintage-looking chairs...they're broken though, might use just one..we won't sit on them, just meant for props.

...still need to find a picnic blanket/rug, which is like the most important thing! haha. Worse comes to worst, we'll use a bedsheet as a picnic blanket.

Anyway, it just goes to show that you never know what you might find at home if you look hard enough :D

p/s: Ooh, forgot, I also bought a crochet lace umbrella from Bunga Reben the other day for the shoot!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Babe, if you're looking for picnic blanket, go to DAISU. I found a checkered red and white picnic blanket at Daisu Abu Dhabi last time, and just found out they opened one store in Sungei Wang. They practically bring in the same stuff as Dhabi so im sure they have that blankie. I tak check that day for the blanket. The stuff there is super cheap (for most stuff). Everything is 7 or 5 bucks (tak ingat). GO go go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisu eh? Hopefully ada time nak check it out!! Thanks for the suggestion hun!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!