Saturday, February 6, 2010

The first entry!

I've decided that I had to separate my personal posts from my wedding-related posts, because ten years from now when I may want to re-live my 'Bridezilla' days, I won't have to sift through my personal blog so much. Also, I'm doing this in a bid to keep the readers of "It's not about the shoes you wear, but how you wear 'em dahling" from wanting to tear their hair out if they read yet another article about wedding planning. Plus, all this wedding planning energy is making me go a bit postal...it's nice to have an outlet to release all these ideas and...stuff.



A wedding at Merak Kayangan


So, to start - I've decided to settle on Merak Kayangan for the reception. I did try looking at other venues, most were too expensive or fully booked; of course if I had a rich arab sheikh as a father, I would have it at Carcosa Sri Negara. Dream venue, man. I wish. But never in a million years. Or Cyberview Lodge; that place is pretty snazzy too. And then I looked at locations for outdoor receptions. But then....Yasir's (The Fiance's) reception (31st July) will be semi outdoors (Villa Felda), so won't that just be too similar to his? So I decided the reception should be indoors. And Merak Kayangan is a pretty alright place. Nothing grand, but it's quite a cosy space....cosy enough to fit 500 people. Ha ha. And I've been to a few weddings there...they were alright. And at least it's air-conditioned, so my makeup tak cair, which is very important. The price of the ballroom is really reasonable, hence mama picked it (let's not forget that she'll be paying for both my sister and my wedding this year!) so it seemed fit for the budget.

I've got to run, have to go to Yasir's nephew's birthday. Watch this space!

bridezilla kisses.

1 comment:

  1. carcosa dah nak tutup la babe... dont beat urself up... =p thats wat i told myself

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!