Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pancakes and waffles


So I talked to my caterer last Saturday - it's the same caterer that did kakak's engagement and mine, she'll also be doing kakak's nikah on the 12th of Feb - and asked her if she would be up for serving Western food for my akad instead of the usual Malay dishes. I figured that since the ceremony will be in the morning at 10am, I would like the food to be more of 'brunch' instead of a heavy lunch (wow, that rhymes!)...I'm pretty sure those attending wouldn't have had time to have their breakfast before rushing over to my house. Plus, Yasir's a big fan of continental breakfast; he loves his scrambled eggs and toast. So it turns out my caterer (Al-Huda) is up for the challenge! I know it may seem a bit of a risk to ask a Malay caterer to prepare Western food, but they did such a good job for my engagement and their food quality is awesome (the compliments kept on coming during my engagement!), so I don't think they'd do a half hearted job. And I did stress that I wanted fluffly scrambled eggs, not the Malay kering kind etc..and we were on the same page.
So, here's the menu we planned out so far:
- Fluffy scrambled eggs
- Waffles OR pancakes (can't have both! prioritising waffles though), with different toppings like peanut butter, maple syrup or honey
- Cocktail sausages
- Beef bacon
- Chicken chop with black pepper sauce
- Coleslaw
- Creamy mashed potatoes
- Chinese fried rice with chicken boxing? (mama insisted on this one, because she said "Perut Melayu kena ada nasi!" Not too sure exactly what chicken boxing is, but it's chicken on stick or some sort..)
And for dessert, ice cream, cheese tartlets and scones with whipped cream.
Not sure if I missed anything out though, I might have. And the menu might change; she was a bit hesitant about scones. But I WANT SCONES. Heh heh.
Sorry, Bridezilla moment.
Here's to hoping everything works out the way I want it to!

5 comments:

  1. HOMAIGAAAD the food sounds nyummy!!!and pls pls pls haf scones, i wud totally die for it!!heheheheh damn lambat lagi july la totally looking fwd man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, if i had it my way, I'd have macaroons toooooo heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. but why can't you have macaroons? Don't they have any in KL?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can...haven't started sourcing for them yet. But I think they're a tad expensive. I have one contact number though..Big Boys Oven? I think that's what they're called...

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeahh babe, macaroons are soo expensive,and most of the ones in kl aren't as good as how they're supposed to be..i really want that as my door gift at my wedding nanti insyallahh..told my mum and sister to make it for me!hehe

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!