Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Walking down the aisle - nay or yay?


I have always thought that the most romantic part of a Western wedding is the church ceremony. The sight of the bride walking down the aisle to her soon-to-be-husband...and the look on his face when he sees the love of his life...*sighhhhh*

Okay, I admit, I'm a sucker for all things romantic. And if I could change one thing about our weddings, we would have a 'walk down the aisle' damnit! Ha ha. Sure, in Malay weddings we have the bride and groom walking down an 'aisle' (if it's a reception in a hotel/ballroom/hall), but it would be soooo cool to have the bride walk towards her groom, so they can have that 'moment'. Yesterday evening, I was toying with the idea of actually pulling this off...since my reception will be a non-traditional one, why not incorporate me walking down the aisle to Yasir? So basically, I would still have my bridesmaids (this is where my girls can come in) who will be walking the aisle before me, and then finally I'll make my grand entrance (coupled with romantic song in the background) and walk towards Yasir, who will be waiting near the stage....

Then I realised....maybe we won't really get to pull this idea off. I mean, Mat Salleh brides walk towards the groom and then they say their vows, right? Wouldn't it be strange if I were to walk towards Yasir.....and then we go and sit on the pelamin? Or maybe it won't be strange? I mean, let's take this into consideration....ever since I was a little girl, the sight of the bride walking to the groom was like a fantasy to me. And if ever I was going to pull this fantasy off, this is my only chance! I would love to see the look on Yasir's face as I walk to him - if I were to do this, Yasir and I would get ready separately and he won't be able to see me before the reception, for maximum impact obviously. Should I say screw it, I'm walking down the aisle to my man even if it looks strange because of the fact that we would be going up to the stage to sit on the pelamin?

Should I care what other people think in the first place? Hmmm.

And if mama says "Haishhh apa mat salleh sangat ni?" I'll just go "Well, merenjis tu not exactly wajib pun. I DON'T CARE. BAAAAH!!" Okay, maybe without the "BAAAAH!!" part lah. But I'll have to use my powers of persuasion. I have ways.

I want to post a video which I think would make such a great song when the bride is walking down the aisle, but as usual I'm technologically illiterate, so I'll just post a link here -> **clickety click** It's the song in Romeo and Juliet, the balcony scene *sighhhhhh :) Oh, and this one's a tear jerker too **click** it's still Craig Armstrong..the soundtrack from Love Actually which I love love looove .

Any thoughts on whether I should say "Bullocks - I'm doing it!" or "Nahhhhh, I don't want to embarrass myself in front of all these people...."?

What say you? :/

Sloppy bridezilla kisses xxx

7 comments:

  1. okay.....i say do it.

    you walk to the tangga...yasir meets you there....then naik tangga...then baca doa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's different. not weird. u can try it out masa wedding rehearsal...still feel it's weird...then just do the usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea. Different is always good kan. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i told my mum about the idea...she said DO IT! heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey aainaa. first of all congratulations on the engagement. tres exciting! i dunno if u know this (u prolly dont) but im getting married too! so im loving your whole bridezilla blog. i get to live my wedding fantasies through you as im not able to prepare and plan for my own wedding! im way over here and wont be back till end of may, so mommy's doing all the planning which actually isnt a bad thing as we have very similar taste anyway. so its all good.

    anyway, back to the this walking down the aisle issue. i say DO IT! the only thing your gonna be criticised about is being self-indulgent, but i say if you cant indulge the bride then who the hell do you indulge??? is is after all YOUR wedding.i say, weddings should be all abt the bride (and groom, if he cares enough lol) not the guests of honor (or horror as it were), or anybody else.i say DO IT!

    ok sorry for the long msg, felt the need to explain myself :D. so good luck and keep the great posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd say u do it. i had a friend who had her groom wait at some point of the hall, while her dad accompanied her walking down the aisle to the groom. it is not weird. but eerrr.. it also depends on the crowd u invite. but heck, i agree with alina. if its not the bride who gets all the indulgence, who is?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!