Monday, March 1, 2010

Bring it black.

Small updates on my black-and-white reception in general:



I haven't scouted around yet, but I really really really really want black table napkins, just for the main table because if I were to buy them for all the tables, I would obviously have to declare bankruptcy. Plus, what would I do with 500 black napkins after the reception? Worse comes to worst, I'll get black linen material and have them made. Probably around 15 pieces, I think.


As for the general tables, Mar made an excellent suggestion about having DIY napkin wraps in black, with Yasir and my monograms in white. This can be done on medium thick paper and shouldn't be costly, seeing as they won't be very big. The above pic is an example of a napkin wrap, but in a different design than what I have in mind. I think they'll be nice touches to the black-and-white theme. Oh, and I couldn't find a proper pic online, but I'm looking into including black lace table runners for all the tables. Will need to discuss this with my wedding planner. And with regards to tie backs for chairs, this will include black ribbons, which will need to be DIY as well.
I present to you....my reception favours! ta-daaaaah! haha. Found them online, and thought they were spot on with my theme. They're actually made to look like chess pieces. I never really knew this, but the coulours of your favours also add to the reception decor, when placed on the tables. It's good that the packaging comes with black and white checkerboard and black and white ribbon. Will make stickers to personalise it a little bit more. I know, I know, candles are so bleh, but these are cute candles! I mean, come on, would you throw these if you got them at a wedding?? Haha. Which reminds me, need to bank in the cheque for the deposit soon.

Invites are going to be very very simple but (hopefully) chic and el cheapo too. It's going to be just a single card. Black background with white cursive lettering. And in English. But there will be an element on it that's kind of quirkily cute ;) Will post it here when we finally get a design sorted out. And I want black envelopes too. I have been looking for paper lace in A4 size which I want to include in the invite, but no luck yet :( Am seriously considering to opt for doilies instead. I might be getting Lee to design my invites, so at least I can be involved with the whole step-by-step process. Really need to get this sorted out ASAP though. Lee, call me!!





So I've been thinking about how I'm going to incorporate black into my outfit, as I'll be wearing a white dress. The easiest way would be to have my hand bouqet tied together in black ribbons or black cloth, like the pic above. And this particular bouqet is so easy to make too...they're carnations, which I love. I'm not really a 'roses' type of gal...I like my flowers on the fluffy side. Definitely KIV-ing carnations. Plus, they last long.





Another obvious option would be to have a black sash around the waist. I dont really have to go nuts trying to find a dress with a black sash, I can just DIY (or should that be DIM? heh heh man I'm so funny) - get some material, turn it into a ribbon and attach with a brooch etc. Easy peasy. Plus black and white wedding dresses are so in this season, daah-ling. Cheyy.



....and then of course an important element which will add to the black and white theme would be my gorgeous family and close friends who will be wearing classy black dresses :)
Okay, that's all I got for now. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can add to the black and white theme are always welcome!
-sloppy black-and-white bridezilla kisses!



6 comments:

  1. I L.O.V.E the chess set candles..! they're super cute :)
    As for the black ribbon around your waist, I think the most suitable material would be velvet, cause its heavy and will fall nicely against the dress. I think thats a superb idea.
    BTW, the doillies are waiting for you at home ok *wink* go get em..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, uve thought of all the details.BESTnyer!
    just be really careful with materials babes, sometimes it does not come out as well as in what we see in pics.

    n i hv a cousin who did the same theme but more traditional lar..if u wnt to see some pics i can pass it to u. just to have a sense of how it'll all look at the hall kan.n lighting n all plays a huge role too.

    n the dresses at the bridal shop, is it like really pricey aainaa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mar, I'll get the doilies soon, thanks luv. And yeah, I was thinking of velvet too :) we'll see first if it goes with the dress I choose.

    Sasha, yes please! e-mail me at superbaybee@hotmail.com? Yeah, when i saw the chess piece online i was scared that it would look cheap in real life but the lady convinced me it doesn't look cheap and is of good quality. Tawakal je laa. haha. The dresses at the bridal shops differ babes, ada yang murah giler to rent, ada yang okay laa...around 2k to rent pun ada. But genrally, they are all very reasonable, i was quite pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dearest bridezilla,

    i like the carnations thing but how bout instead of wrapping the ends/bottom in black cloth, just tie a black ribbon round it and place many small/mini sheer black ribbons among the flowers...just a thought..
    anyway like the B&W concept...MJ would approve i think....

    n bout the dress, i like your description of the off shoulder dress...it sound positively gorg....
    n u can try to search for black shoes with white detail or vice versa

    get your cousins to wear black headband or black corsages...just a thought..

    will rack brain for more ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  5. babe the candles's fab giler!
    where d'ya get those?

    u know i'm looking fwd to see your wedding as InsyaAllah my wed on next year Feb also will be in black,white n a tint of red,maybe.

    I'll be wearing some sort like kebaya with white french lace n 'batik jawa' corset(somethg like one of Kak Sazzy's wedding dress,remember?)..

    Being in JB n near to Spore gimme n advantage to find for some good wedding stuffs there...will share with you some of gorjas white n black stuffs Ive got so far from Spore later ok..

    man,you're the craziest bridezilla i've met!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Auntie Ezi: Mj would defo approve haha. And your 'corsages' idea has sparked something in me...but because they'll be wearing black dresses, I think they should pin a white bouttenaire on the dress...something white la, flower or something. And yeah, I tought about the black hairband etc, but I don't really wanna restrict them...though though I think my friend Maine, would prolly wear her feathered harband (*hint to Maine if she's reading this) hehe.

    Ampivia: yes, do let me know if you've got new ideas, sharing is caring heh heh. Here's the link to the website I got my favours from: http://www.wedding-gifts-supplies.com/ They've got some really cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!