Sunday, March 21, 2010

Done!

Finally met up with the wedding planner and her daughter; Shafeeqa - my senior in BBGS, last Sunday morning. Felt soooooo good to express all my ideas to Eeqa...she gets me, so I'm confident she understands my 'vision' for the nikah and reception. We spent a good hour just discussing the nikah. It was a flurry of polka-dots-and-vintage talk. I listed down the key words for her:

1) Charming
2) Vintage
3) Quirky
4) Kitschy
5)...and a little bit of the R word - Romance.

Sounds confusing, even to me. Ha ha. We also discussed favours...there was this favour that was sitting around in their house which I thought would be the PERFECT nikah favour. One thing though - it's from Indonesia. It's a hardcover, floral notebook/diary. Would be even more perfect if I could change the print to polka dots. Love, love, love. Hoping to get my hands on them, to give out to guests. They've got reaaally cute stuff on their **website** too...check check check it out.

Next post will be about the reception...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!