Monday, March 8, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

Am seriously considering having my wedding gown tailor made. Met up with designer Nik Erwan Rosely and we chatted and came up with a gown design. He's got some serious talent, and I think he'll be able to see my "vision". The reason why I am contemplating having my gown made instead of renting, is because I'm a bit broken hearted that the gown I wanted to rent was booked by some chick who lives in Ipoh. To cut a long story short, last saturday I went with shikin, my cousin, my sis and my mom to pick out a dress. Found The One, got a little teary eyed wearing the dress, was overjoyed that the search for The Gown was over...just to have the shop assistant tell me the dress was already booked. OUT OF ALL THE DATES, right? Went a little crazy thinking about changing my wedding date just to accommodate the dress, but now that I've come to my senses, I am seeing that changing everything for one dress may seem a little too over dramatic, even for a bridezilla like me. Sigh.

So anyway, over dessert in Delicious, Nik and I poured over the bridal mags I brought, and finally zoned in on one design, which is a bit too complicated to describe in detail. But I stressed over and over to Nik that I would like to stray as far away as possible from looking like I'm wearing a gown which is TRYING to look Western. Of course he understood, and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to do an amazing job. My heart is nagging at me to give the green light to Nik so he can start working on the gown immediately. But something else is telling me to keep looking for The Gown - it's out there, I just need to find it.

So will I finally decide to rent or to make a dress? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!