Monday, March 8, 2010

DIY weddings

I heart DIY weddings. I think DIY details make a wedding so much more special and fun, and are so personal. I know having DIY details for a reception would take so much hard work, so I'm trying to include touches here and there for the nikah, to lend a 'homey' touch. And first up on my DIY project is getting a 'LOVE' sign made, to use as a centerpiece for the main table. I came across a picture in a magazine and fell in love (pun intended) with the image of the LOVE letters surrounded by flowers. I ran through the idea with my cousin Juliana who is the creative DIY person in the family, and she suggested we go look for places that make signage. Found one online which is in Ampang, so I'm going to drag Juliana by the hair and see if they'll be able to make a LOVE sign for me.






*pic courtesy of Gabriel Ryan.net

The secret's out - I'm planning to use old books as centerpieces for the tables at my nikah. We have heaps of classic, vintage children's books on the shelves upstairs - so I thought since Yasir and I are both 'writers' (well somewhere along those lines - though i'm not technically a writer anymore, I'll always see myself as one) and we both love reading, so having books as centerpieces convey a little bit about our personalities. I'll be putting love quotes on each table too - haven't finalised what material i'll be using for this; but it shouldn't be too difficult, I think. Then of course the look will be completed with flowers.

Toying with using scrabble letters for centerpieces for the guests' tables too....ideally, I would prefer alphabet blocks...but my office has a scrabble set..........

more ideas to come!

Sloppy DIY kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!