Monday, March 22, 2010

Old Hollywood Strikes Back <---title by Yasir Yusoff

Where was I? okay, so on to the reception. Eeqa brought me back on track with my initial reception theme...yes, black and white, but I haven't been focusing on the 'old Hollywood glamour' feel all this while - so it was good to be reminded of it. She brought up a couple of awesome ideas that I love. She showed me a bouquet that had feathers, and I remembered wanting something like that when I first contemplated the idea of Old Hollywood. Think it would look great. And another idea, which I absolutely adored, was using mannequins as decor. No, not the human looking ones we see in window shops, but more of the vintage mannequin, without legs and arms...the cloth type.

This is nothing original, but to go with the Old Hollywood theme, i'll be labeling the tables after names like Monroe, Sinatra etc...and maybe the occasional Malay names like Saloma and P.Ramlee. The pelamin is a bit of a tricky one...how exactly would we be able to incorporate old glamour into this? Eeqa and Aunty Pah had a few ideas (one was to have those lights that we usually see surrounding dressing room mirrors in old theaters...you know, the light bulb-ish ones?) as part of the pelamin. The idea of it seems really cool, but am a little afraid that it might look too try-hard. Hmmm. Will probably still work on this....but you have to hand it to Eeqa, the girl is so creative - which makes me feel so much less stressed out about this whole wedding thing!

Bought a 'Greatest 50's hits' CD pack at Speedy yesterday...have been listening to it, and it's made me even more excited for the reception. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Doris Day, Nat King Cole...that was the time of great music, man. I especially think Sinatra's *Love and Marriage* tune is so quirky and adorable. Am toying with the idea of using that song for Yasir and my post-wedding shoot. Have yet to discuss ideas for this project, but as soon as I heard the song again I imagined a cute, colurful picnic. Props like balloons, cupcakes, strawberries and cream, soap bubbles (i won't be eating the strawberries of course) will make it look even more festive. Me in a cute, vintage dress and Yasir in a relaxed white shirt and loose tie. Then another photo shoot where I'll try to do the cheesy, ol' school housewife thing...apron, oven mitts, serving Yasir a meal or cake. Or a shot of Yasir reading the papers while i'm knitting. Not too sure where I'm going to find yarn or knitting tools, but it might be possible!

Sorry, have gotten a little off track haha. Back to the reception. If all goes well, Eeqa will get black tabletops for all the tables. Then I'll get white paper doilies to use as place mats for each guest. They're a bit thin though, but I think they should be fine...told her my idea about making black napkins just for the main table and she said it's definitely possible. Never knew that napkins could get me so excited. Ha ha.

Okay, internet's acting up and I'm getting sleepy. Soz for cutting it short, but a girl's gotta get her beauty sleep! Night night people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a first time mommy who is obsessed with her sweet baby boy, Ayden Hood. He makes my world go round and is sweeter than apple pie. I also love writing about whatever I feel like writing about!